Welcome to Forest Meadow Baptist Church
Disciples making disciples, from Dallas to the Ends of the Earth
Forest Meadow Baptist Church is a multi-congregational, multiethnic community of churches whose vision is to shake the nations for Jesus Christ. We actively seek out and engage ethnic people groups in Dallas and throughout the world in order to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with them. Where needed, we start new churches. We are always available to provide training and relational support to church planters.
In all, the FMBC facility houses five unique congregations. Each has its own language, pastor, members, and leadership. But we all worship under the same roof– a reflection of what Heaven will be like.
Our Family of Churches
As part of the FMBC family of churches, we count the following:
- Forest Meadow English-Speaking Congregation– A multiethnic Baptist church. We include in our membership black, white, and brown people. Some were born in the USA; others got here as fast as they could. Forest Meadow is the core congregation of the larger family of churches. Tim Ahlen and his wife Lynda serve as pastor.
- Iglesia Jesucristo Mi Nueva Vida (Español)- IJCMNV llega al pueblo hispano en Lake Highlands con adoración dinámica, grupos pequeños y actividades para toda la familia. Jusan Guizar y su esposa Lydia sirven como pastor.
- First Sudanese Baptist Church:
- الكنيسة المعمدانية السودانية الأولى تصل إلى المجتمع السوداني في بحيرة المرتفعات مع العبادة الديناميكية، والأنشطة لجميع أفراد الأسرة. إدوين ماكولا وزوجته بياتريس بمثابة القس
- Dallas Oromo Evangelical Baptist Church is a Bible based Oromo language (Afaan Oromo) speaking church. We serve the Oromo community in Dallas and surrounding cities. We offer opportunities for worship, Bible study, choir and family ministry. Mekonen Kebede is the pastor.
- မြန်မာခရစ်ယာန်ဘုရားကျောင်းအပြည့်အဝယှဉ်သောဧဝံဂေလိတရားနောက်ခံကနေကျွန်တော်တို့ကိုလာမယ့်အသင်းတော်သစ်တစ်ခုဖြစ်ပါတယ်။ သူတို့က Dallas မြို့, တက္ကဆပ်သို့ရွေ့လျားများစွာမြန်မာလူမျိုးအဘို့ကိုးကှယျမှုနှင့်ရပ်ရွာထောက်ခံမှုပေး။ Niang Vung သင်းအုပ်ဆရာဖြစ်ပါတယ်။
- Dallas International SDA Church is a Christian community made up of a rich and diverse tapestry of predominantly African cultures and backgrounds. They worship in English and observe Saturday as their Sabbath. Dr. Fenades Obinchu serves as their pastor.
Disciples. . .
Followers of Jesus Christ, who not only believe in Him but also trust Him enough to become and to do what He says.
Who Make Disciples. . .
Under the leadership of the Holy Spirit, disciples pass on to others what Jesus wants them to be and to do so that they in turn become followers of Jesus.
From Dallas to the Ends of the Earth
Disciples make disciples wherever they might be, at home or at the ends of the earth. They intentionally go to people and ethnic groups who have not yet had an opportunity to hear the Gospel.